30 March 2006

Chinatown

Finally i get to see the heart of Chinatown. With a friend I start exploring it on East Broadway between Manhattan Bridge and City Hall. The street consists of low houses and could be mistaken for the main street in a western movie town, if it was not for all those colourful signs with Chinese characters and the great backdrop of Manhattan Bridge on one side, and skyscrapers on the other. Chinatown is vibrant of Chinese people buying and selling fish, fruits, vegetables, clothes, bags etc.

We have lunch at the Golden Unicorn. I have the best Chinese food of my life. It’s beef, which is incredibly soft. It eases down my throat with great pleasure from my part. The vegetables which go with it, are cooked al dente. They are delicious, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home