21 March 2006

Greenpoint

On Saturday i go to see my friend Martin in Williamsburg. Williamsburg consists of mainly two storey high, wodden houses and is very different from Manhattan. It used to be an area of the Polish and Italian community but has more become a living ground for young people.
Martin shows me Manhattan Ave, a place with a lot of Polish restaurants. We have late lunch in one of those restaurants. The place has a Hirschgeweih (antler) on the wall and paper stripes hanging from the ceiling. It’s nice and has a 70ies touch to it. I have delicious Pirogi. After 5 o’clock lunch I take a walk on Bedford Ave. I pass a big park and a Russian church and get more to the center of the fashionable area with a lot of bars and restaurants. Another nice thing about Williamsburg is the nice view you get of Manhattan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home